The South Commences!
Not long ago, new shingles had been installed in just this area. But over the rotted sheathing!
This just freaks me out! FREAKS ME OUT!
The damage was caused by a leaking built-in gutter above, and even though new shingles had been installed a while back, the cause of the damage and not addressed!
Whenever I find damage, I put on my Sleuthing Hat and work to find the cause. Then I fix the cause. And only then do I repair the damage.
After all the shingles are back in place, they will be primed but not finish painted. The goal is to repair all the damaged siding on the south side as part of the Heritage Trust Fund grant. After this is all done, the next step will be to finish paint the south side.
Only rarely do I look at the entirety of the south facade. Because, when I do, I became paralyzed. OMG, I think. This is soooooo much work. This is impossible. This can never be fixed. NEVER!
Instead, I only focus on a small section. And think: Oh. This ain’t so bad. This is certainly doable.
Then I proceed with my patented Baby Step Method™ and get to work.
Your email address will NEVER be made public or shared, and you may use a screen name if you wish.