The Cross House
Last year, I had the three AC condensers relocated away from the house, and the AC lines removed from the window and buried in the ground. Ahhh, much better.
Then I tried to take off the plywood. And gave up. It was screwed and glued so over-the-top that it could have survived a nuclear blast. Argh!!!!!!!! Many months later I tried again. And gave up.
So today, like a year later, I tried again. I kept repeating: This window will NOT defeat me! This window will NOT defeat me!
But…I wasn’t entirely sure this would prove true.
I tried to cut through the glue-like caulk at the edges of the plywood. I gave up. Then I hauled out the small electric magic saw thingy, and this successfully cut through all the glue-like caulk. I then assumed that the plywood could now just be pulled off.
I went inside and with a large hammer banged and banged and banged against the plywood. It did not budge.
I then got the jigsaw and cut lines through the plywood, figuring I could, hopefully, get SOME bits of it off.
I am passionate about daylight. And I never never never cover over windows. Not even basement windows.
Daylight makes such a difference in a house. And while the basement of the Cross House will never be beautiful, it will be filled with light.