Shaving the House
The three windows had air blowing in through and around them. While this is bad, the issue was compounded by the fact that the house sagged at this particular area, meaning that the upper and lower sashes did not align in the middle, meaning that the lock sets did not close.
We removed the upper sashes and carefully cut the tops. Eek. Once reinstalled, the lock sets would/should work as intended.
Yesterday was cold and windy. With each sash removed, freezing air BLEW into the toasty niche. Ross unhappy. Then I found a box by Baker (holding the extra leaves to the dining table) and this proved the ideal size for blocking the wind. Ross happy!
It did not take long, and soon the upper sashes were shaved. The lock sets now worked as God intended (Ross VERY happy) and then I spent a while carefully, artfully sealing the windows with peal-away caulk.
And then, for the first time ever, the triple windows were leak-proof, air-wise.
Your email address will NEVER be made public or shared, and you may use a screen name if you wish.