Today, I finished painting the original hand-carved capitals of the porch columns (shown upside-down) for the south-facing front porch! I have yet to install the trim which goes just above the capitals. The capitals are painted with color #5, and then washed with the green trim color. The green “boxes” are new, replacing rotted originals. The new versions are made from pressure-traeted lumber so they should last a lot longer. I have also ordered computer-crimped metal roofs for them!
The #4 column is not shown, nor are all the bases. These are in the kitchen of the Cross House, while all the above are in the living room of the carriage house. I keep darting back/forth with a wet paint brush!